Message

Welcome to my page.
If you want to send comments, please email me.
This is my main homepage.

Monday, December 30, 2013

UNESCO - Intangible Cultural Heritage





This year, Japanese traditional style of dishes, Washoku, Kimjan from Korea as well as Mediterranean diet have been listed among intangible cultural heritage in UNESCO.

Here is the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage.

Well, probably this is the reason why I felt like updating this blog.  I like cooking and eating, as well as having nice wine and sake.  I hope that all of my family will live happy and healthy lives, which good foods contribute to, definitely (not too much drinking, though).  Also, I want our kid to respect other cultures.  Foods, to me, are culture and I was just happy that my favourite three styles of cooking were registered as Cultural Heritage.

In 2013, we were a bit lazy and we did not make Osechi.  Instead, we got them from some restaurant. This is also becoming a new year tradition here, I think...