Message

Welcome to my page.
If you want to send comments, please email me.
This is my main homepage.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Chicken "Ham"


Over the weekend, I made "Chicken ham."  It may sound weird, though.  There are three methods I tried.
1.  Put one tbs of sugar and a half ts of salt on surface of chicken meat.  Leave it for a few hours;
2.  Wash it first and then put a half ts of salt and a bit of pepper.  I also added mashed peel of lemons.
3.  Cut some vegetables (Onion and Carrots) and wrap it in the chicken meat.
4.  Make it like a big candy as above, and put it on a heat-resistant glass.  I added some celery and lemon, so that it smells good.
5.  Steam it in a large pan for 30 minutes.

Then, you will get:

Carefully take it out and cut them.  Decorate them with some vegetables:


The second method is a bit more involved.
1.  One litter of water, a few pieces of ginger and four tbs of vinegar.  Put them together.  Put two pieces of chicken breast meat into the mixed ingredient and bring it to a boil.
2.  Cook it on a low heat for another 15 minutes or so.  Then, remove it from heat.  Leave it for 30 minutes or so.
3.  Mix 1 and 1/2 cups of soy sauce, 2 tbs of sugar, 1 tbs of vinegar, 1 tbs of sake (white wine is Okay), and 1 tbs of brandy.  Put the chicken meat in it.  Leave it for 6 to 8 hours.

While waiting for the meat, make sauce for it.
1. Chop onion, green onion, garlic.  Mix them.
2. Add 4 tbs of soy sauce, 1 tbs of vinegar, 1 ts of sugar, 1 ts of sesame oil.

Then, you will get:


It is very nice for lunch box.  Yes, I said, "three methods."  I am still waiting for the third method, chicken.  I have to leave it for a few days.